In this special Pride episode of Baring It All with Call Me Adam, on the Broadway Podcast Network, I chat with Aaliytha Stevens, COO of Spotco, Broadway’s #1 Ad Agency.
To start, Aaliytha and I discuss her journey to becoming Spotco’s first Black Female COO and how she continues to use her voice to keep equality throughout the agency. We then talk about ways to support the Black Theatre Community during this time of much needed change. Finally, in the spirit of Pride month, Aaliytha opens up about being the mother of a bi-sexual daughter.
Watch here: Kenny Leon’s Listen. Learn. Act: Conversations about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion moderated by Colleen Jennings-Roggensack, Executive Director of ASU Gammage, that Aaliytha spoke about in the interview.
After listening to this episode, please consider donating to one of the many black theatre organizations below to support Black theatre artists:
- New Heritage Theater Group (https://newheritagetheatre.org)
- IMPACT Repertory Theatre (https://www.impactreptheatre.org)
- Houses on the Moon (http://www.housesonthemoon.org)
- Harlem Arts Alliance (https://www.harlemaa.org)
- Northern Manhattan Art Alliance (https://www.nomaanyc.org)
- Audelco Awards (https://www.audelco.org)
- Coalition of Theatres of Color (https://www.facebook.com/Coalition-of-Theatres-of-Color-286023915763)
- Composed of 42 members. That’s 42 Theatres of color!
- Like what you hear? Then become a member of my Patreon Page for exclusive behind-the-scene perks!
- For more “Call Me Adam” interviews visit: https://callmeadam.com
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (https://www.cuetique.com, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Aaliytha:
Aaliytha Stevens is the Chief Operating Officer at SpotCo, the world’s leading full-service advertising, marketing and branding agency. She joined the company in 2002 as a member of the account services team and got her start managing brand and media strategy for Manhattan Theatre Club, Cirque du Soleil, and The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, to name a few. She went on to found the agency’s Direct Mail/Print Services department, a role in which she oversaw the list acquisition for mailers and the creation of printed materials for hundreds of Broadway shows. Seeing a need for greater organizational development within the company, Aaliytha would also go on to found the company’s Operations and Human Resources departments. Today, she is the highest-ranking person of color in the theatrical advertising industry.
She is passionate about philanthropic giving, fair workplace practices, and diversity in the industry: improving its statistics from the root up. In addition to spearheading Diversity & Inclusion initiatives for SpotCo and its clients, Aaliytha proudly co-chairs the Multicultural Taskforce at The Broadway League, and sits on their Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee.