On this episode of Baring It All with Call Me Adam, on the Broadway Podcast Network, I chat with Mary Lane Haskell who you know from portraying Dolly Parton’s childhood school teacher “Miss Moody” in Dolly’s NBC TV movies Coat of Many Colors & Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Life. What you might not know is that Mary Lane is a 30 year old woman who suffered a stroke just months before the global pandemic.
I tumble out of bed and stumble into this interview with Mary Lane Haskell to discuss her famous aunt Dolly, being a stroke survivor and learning how to love yourself.
Because we ran out of time, I will be interviewing Mary Lane again to discuss being a body positivity advocate as well as starring in Dolly Parton’s upcoming Christmas special Christmas on the Square (airing on Netflix starting 11/22). Stay tuned!
In this interview we discuss:
- Surviving a stroke at just 30-Years-Old
- Learning to love yourself
- Having Dolly Parton as your aunt
- Starring in Dolly’s NBC TV movies Coat of Many Colors and Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Life
Connect with Mary Lane:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Mary Lane:
Mary Lane has been an actress ever since her star turn as “homeless child” in a Disney Channel Original Movie when she was 5 years old. The rest is history. Her proudest professional achievement to date is her Carnegie Hall debut at 18 years old, singing alongside mentor and friend Michael Feinstein and long time idol Elaine Stritch. She’s sure she peaked early, but hopes to prove herself wrong.
When she’s not busy playing pretend, Mary Lane teaches musical theater classes at The Debbie Allen Dance Academy, writes a blog called The Displaced Debutante, and drives Lyft in the greater Los Angeles area which continues to mortify her grandmother. But mostly, Mary Lane is just #grateful that residuals from TV gigs such as NBC’s Law and Order: SVU and ABC’s Scandal continue to financially support her frozen yogurt habit, and is hopeful that her appearance as “Miss Moody” in NBC’s award winning Coat of Many Colors and Emmy nominated Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love will ensure that she can add guac to her to Chipotle order for years to come.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices