69 Years after her death, the legendary Fanny Brice has answered my call to bare it all on my podcast, Baring It All with Call Me Adam, on the Broadway Podcast Network. Additionally, the “Go-To Fanny Girl,” Kimberly Faye Greenberg has also answered my call to bare it all. I chat with them both in this joint interview!
In Fanny Brice’s interview we discuss:
- Her famous life
- Barbra Streisand’s portrayal of her in Funny Girl & Funny Lady
- The upcoming anticipated Broadway revival of Funny Girl
- Rapid Fire Questions
- End with Fanny Brice baring something she has not talked about previously
In Kimberly Faye Greenberg’s interview we discuss:
- Her love of Fanny Brice
- Her one-woman show Fabulous Fanny: The Songs & Stories of Fanny Brice
- Rapid Fire Questions
- End with Kimberly baring something she has not talked about previously
Purchase tickets to: Fabulous Fanny: The Songs & Stories of Fanny Brice, on Stellar Tickets,
Fabulous Fanny has been extended through April 2021! Click here for tickets!
If you want to watch the VIDEO version of this interview, view it on my YouTube Page!
Connect with Fabulous Fanny Brice:
Connect with Kimberly Faye Greenberg:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Kimberly:
Kimberly Faye Greenberg is the first and only actress ever to star in two Off-Broadway musicals at the same time, with leading roles in Danny and Sylvia: The Danny Kaye Musical, and the solo show One Night with Fanny Brice.
Kimberly’s own solo show, Fabulous Fanny: The Songs and Stories of Fanny Brice, has been touring for the past four years. The show is currently available to stream into your home and for live bookings for 2021-2022.
On Broadway, Kimberly portrayed Fanny Brice in Speakeasy Dollhouse: Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic at the Liberty Theatre, Broadway’s Only Hidden Theatre. Her Fanny Brice portrayal also continues as part of the Broadway-bound musical Ghostlight, by Matthew Martin and Tim Realbuto.
Quickly becoming the “go-to” gal for Fanny, Kimberly is sought out for her in-depth Brice perspective, as well as subsequent knowledge of the theatre scene in the early 20th century.
Kimberly has also released a Fabulous Fanny cast album, which Broadwayworld gave the album a rave review, stating that Kimberly “pristinely channels the renowned icon”. The album also garnered acclaim from The Examiner, which called it a “must have CD.” Available on all major online music outlets, Fabulous Fanny received over 2000 plays in its first month on Pandora.
Her TV/Film credits include: Recurring on THE PLOT AGAINST AMERICA (HBO); The WB’s Charmed; Between The Lions (PBS); Buffy the Vampire Slayer (The WB); ER (NBC); andThe Singing Biologist (Starring Imani Coppola).
A woman of many talents, Kimberly has worked as a backstage Broadway wardrobe dresser on over 20 Broadway shows including Something Rotten, Cinderella, Cabaret and The Lion King.
Kimberly is also one of the TOP 10 Performing Arts Coaches in the world, as well as THE BROADWAY EXPERT providing expert advice & inspiration in the form of personal coaching, workshops, webinars, blog features, interviews, and masterclasses. (www.thebroadwayexpert.com)
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices