Season 2 of my podcast, Baring It All with Call Me Adam, on the Broadway Podcast Network, kicks off with Chad Austin, Artistic Director of Abingdon Theatre Company. This interview has been split into two episodes: Legacy and Lessons Learned.
This episode features Chad baring it all about his Legacy with Abingdon Theatre Company as well as their #IWill Campaign.
Chad Austin has been the Artistic Director of Off-Broadway’s Abingdon Theatre Company since 2018. Prior to that, Chad was their Associate Artistic Director from 2016-2018.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Chad’s legacy at Abingdon Theatre Company
- Abingdon Theatre Company’s #IWill Campaign
- Rapid Fire Questions
- Plus, Chad gives a special shout out to the illustrious Judith Light
The second part of this interview, where Chad & I discuss Lessons Learned, will be released at a later date.
Connect with Chad:
Connect with Abingdon Theatre Company:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Chad:
Chad Austin is the Artistic Director of Abingdon Theatre Company in New York City. Chad joined ATC in 2016 as the Associate Director and during that time helped to develop works such as the World Premiere of The Mother of Invention by Academy Award Winner, James Lecesne, Chess Match No. 5, directed by Ann Bogart and Eve Ensler’s Fruit Trilogy.
In 2018, Chad took over as Artistic Director of Abingdon and now continues to develop and produce brave, new American work by emerging and established artists. In his time as Artistic Director, Chad created Abingdon’s One Night Only series which gave a stage to Wade Dooley’s, The Prompter, starring Academy Award winner Estelle Parsons. In this series, Chad also shepherded a production of Steel Magnolias, featuring Tony Award Nominees, Brenda Braxton, Sandy Duncan and Nancy Opel. With Chad at the helm, Abingdon also co-produced the critically acclaimed off-Broadway run of Jacqueline Novak’s, Get On Your Knees.
In addition to all of his work at Abingdon, his highlights as a director and choreographer include, the Emmy award winning Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert on NBC, starring John Legend and Sara Bareilles; Love! Valour! Compassion! at Theatre 71; the World Premiere of STET by Kim Davies; And the World Goes ‘Round, honoring Bebe Neuwirth; Alone in the U.S.A at SUNY New Paltz; Who Are You? At the New York Music Theatre Festival; Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel and Chess both at A.T.A NYC and Peter and the Wolf with the Hampton Ballet Theatre. Chad also choreographed the musical movies Walk the Walk, Landed, and Winning New York (official section 2016 young film maker series).
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices