Today I welcome back Broadway Vocalist Sally Wilfert. In this episode Sally is Baring It All with Call Me Adam about her theatrical legacy, including her work with the legendary composer William Finn, singing at Congregation Beit Simchat Torah (CBST), lessons learned & so much more!
Listen to Part 1 of our interview here! We paid tribute to Sally’s best friend, Three-time Tony nominee Rebecca Luker
Be sure to catch Sally in her triumphant return to the concert stage this summer!
July 10: Broadway Under The Trees at Harmony in the Woods: Click here for tickets!
July 18 & 20: How Did I End Up Here? at Feinstein’s/54 Below: Click here for tickets!
Connect with Sally:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, Alex, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Sally:
Sally Wilfert has appeared on Broadway in the Tony Award-winning production of Assassins, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and King David. She toured the country in the first national tour of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Off-Broadway, Sally’s credits include See Rock City, Make Me A Song: The Music of William Finn, The Mistress Cycle, and The Prince & The Pauper. At Carnegie Hall she has appeared in Cole Porter’s Jubilee, South Pacific in Concert (starring Reba McEntire), and Sondheim: A Tribute, (all for PBS). Performing with the New York City Ballet at Lincoln Center and Tokyo, she was featured soloist, singing “Somewhere” for their performances of West Side Story Suite.
Sally has performed throughout the country, including shows at the La Jolla Playhouse, Cincinnati Playhouse, Baltimore Center Stage, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, Barrington Stage, Houston’s Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS), Goodspeed Musicals, Northshore Music Theatre, Cap 21, Hartford Theatreworks.
She has appeared at The Ensemble Theatre of Cincinnati in Mamma Mia, Chasing Rainbows, Damn Yankees, Kiss Me Kate, The Light in the Piazza, Footloose, When We Met, LMNOP (World Premiere), Little Miss Sunshine (World Premiere), Marry Me A Little, Elegies: A Song Cycle, Les Miserables, The Last Five Years, Amadeus, Into the Woods, & The Threepenny Opera.
Sally performed in concert in Rob Kapilow’s What Makes it Great, American Songbook’s Rebecca Luker, Sally Wilfert: It’s Time, William Finn’s Songs of Innocence and Experience, Broadway in South Africa, Jeff Blumenkrantz Songbook, New York City Christmas in such venues as 54 Below & NJ Performing Arts Center, Jacob Javits Center, The Allen Room, The Zipper Theatre, Merkin Hall, Symphony Space, Joe’s Pub, & Birdland.
Her recording credits include One Voice: Natalie Weiss & Sally Wilfert, See Rock City, New York City Christmas, Make Me A Song, Assassins, King David, The Prince & the Pauper, and A Christmas Survival Guide.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices