From Sports to Theatre! Growing up, Mark McKinnon thought he was going to be a professional sports player, until he auditioned for his high school’s play. If you love sports & acting, this is the episode for you!
With recurring roles on CBS’ Blue Bloods & FBI to starring in BET Her’sThe Waiting Room, a role he took because his grandmother died of breast cancer & his father died of prostate cancer, Mark & I discuss his career, his legacy + TIPS EVERY ACTOR NEEDS TO HEAR!
This episode features Mark baring it all about his career Legacy:
- Tips Every Actor Needs to Hear
- McKinnon Acting Studio
- The Waiting Room (BET Her)
- Blue Bloods (CBS)
- FBI (CBS)
- The Available Wife (UMC Network & BET)
- Rapid Fire Questions
This interview has been split into two episodes. The second part of this interview, where Mark & I discuss Lessons Learned, will be released at a later date.
Connect with Mark:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Mark:
Mark McKinnon is an American actor from Waldorf, MD. In High School, sports were McKinnon’s world. Despite being a talented, multi-sport athlete (Football, Basketball, Cross Country), McKinnon still found time to pursue the arts. He originally dreamed of becoming a professional football player. However, after landing the leading role in his high school play, he was inspired to become a professional actor. In fact, to pursue this dream, he turned down several football scholarships and attended the prestigious Howard University in Washington, DC to study Theatre Arts with a concentration in Acting.
After graduating from Howard University in 2009, Mark frequently traveled between Washington, DC and New York City to establish his professional acting career. Mark is a proud member of SAG-AFTRA. He can be seen in his recurring role on Blue Bloods (CBS) as “Officer Miller.” He has booked co-star roles on several prime time network television shows such as The Blacklist (NBC), Gotham (FOX), and an FBI (CBS) created by Dick Wolf. He played opposite of sports commentator, Erin Andrews, in a national Degree Deodorant campaign. Mark is managed by Christopher D. Silveri, Founder of Center Stage Management and commercially represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
In 2012, Mark began coaching actors by teaching them on-camera technique and business strategies to build a successful acting career. In 2015, McKinnon Acting Studio, LLC was officially established. This studio was created to offer affordable acting classes, private coaching, and consultation for beginning and experienced actors in the Washington, DC area. His coaching has helped actors get in the best possible position to get called in for auditions and book work. Some of the actors at his studio have booked co-star, guest star, and recurring roles on several different network shows, films and commercials. Throughout the year, his acting studio also hosts industry workshops where he would have special guest Casting Directors, Talent Agents, and Talent Managers from New York to teach on different topics.
Mark is married to Brittney Carter McKinnon, the founder and CEO of B. Carter Solutions. He is currently the director of the Drama Ministry at City of Praise Family Ministries in Landover, MD.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices