I’m so excited to welcome back John Lloyd Young who won the Tony & Grammy Award for originating the role of Frankie Valli in the Tony Award Winning musical Jersey Boys.
In this episode, we discuss Jersey Boys stage mishaps, John Lloyd’s Feinstein’s/54 Below concerts & in the last 10 minutes we take some fan questions!
Feinstein’s/54 Below Concerts:
- January 25-28 & 30: John Lloyd Young: Broadway’s Jersey Boy – a celebration of classic hits from the ‘50s and ‘60s presented in the authentic acoustic style of original rock ‘n’ roll, Doo-Wop and R&B standards. Get In-person tickets
- January 29: John Lloyd Young’s Broadway – interprets the showstoppers that shaped John Lloyd’s earliest Broadway aspirations. Get In-Person Tickets, Get Livestream Tickets
Connect with John Lloyd:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me @callmeadamnyc on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva, Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, Alex, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O’Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Adam Rothenberg
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on John Lloyd:
Film, stage & concert artist, John Lloyd Young, is a Tony & Grammy winner, multi-Platinum recording artist & Presidential Appointee. As the original “Frankie Valli” in Broadway’s Tony Award-winning Best Musical, Jersey Boys, John Lloyd garnered unprecedented accolades from the New York & national media, going on to become the only American actor to date to win all four major Broadway Leading Actor in a Musical honors for a Broadway debut: the Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle & Theatre World Award. John Lloyd starred in Jersey Boys on London’s West End & was hand-picked by director Clint Eastwood to reprise his role in the Warner Bros. film adaptation, becoming one of only a select-few actors in entertainment history to take his Tony-winning role to the big screen.
Over the years, John Lloyd has sung selections from Jersey Boys several times at the White House, in the halls of Congress & to Kennedys, Clintons, Bushes, Obamas, Bidens, the Prime Minister & First Lady, Shinzo and Akie Abe, of Japan & the President & First Lady of Finland, Sauli Niinistö & Jenni Haukio.
As a concert artist, John Lloyd has taken his expertly-curated repertoire of classic pop & R&B to filled-to-capacity rooms, thrilling his audiences with a “disciplined one-in-a-million high tenor shading into falsetto that he can direct through the stratosphere” (The New York Times). He has played The White House, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, The Hollywood Bowl, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the U.S. Embassy in Finland, Clint Eastwood’s Tehama Country Club, New York’s Café Carlyle, Feinstein’s in NY & San Francisco, Radio City Music Hall, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade & New Year’s Eve in Times Square.
Appointed to the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities by Barack Obama, John Lloyd was sworn in at the Supreme Court of the United States by Justice Elena Kagan. As a member of the Committee, John Lloyd represented the United States on the first U.S. Cultural Mission to the Republic of Cuba, along with fellow Committee members Kal Penn & Alfre Woodard, guest artists Usher, Smokey Robinson, Dave Matthews, violinist Joshua Bell, playwright John Guare, U.S. arts officials, including the Chairs of the NEA & the Smithsonian Institution, and members of Congress.
P.S. This interview was originally presented on Instagram Live
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices