The eager Carrie cast arrives in the Big Apple only to discover that very little has been done to address the show’s major problems, and that the show’s set has been lost in transit. But there is one major addition: Betty Buckley, a big-name Broadway star has joined the company.
As the team nervously prepares for opening night, will New York audiences and critics be kinder to the show? We follow the journey from previews to press night to the shocking announcement that will shape Broadway history.
Join us on our social channels and share your feedback!
Out for Blood is a proud member of the Broadway Podcast Network.
Thanks this week to Dean Pitchford, Linzi Hateley, Sally Ann Triplett, Charlotte D’Amboise, Georgia Otterson, Michelle Du Verney, Shelley Hodgson, Suzanne Thomas, Joey McKneeley, Kenny Linden, Eric Gilliom, Michelle Nelson Manne, Jeremy Sturt, Wendi Peters and Mark Shenton.
THIS WEEK’S LINKS:
- Bootleg audio from a rehearsal of Linzi Hateley joined by new co-star Betty Buckley, and bootleg video of Betty’s infamously epic performances of ‘Eve Was Weak’ and ‘When There’s No One’.
- A bootleg audio recording of the show on Broadway, and a bootleg video of Act 1.
- The only known (and very blurry) footage of ‘The Destruction’ on Broadway, from an unaired German documentary, shot from the control booth.
- “You could take your money and throw it”… some TV reviews of the Broadway production. It ain’t pretty, folks.
- Some very grainy footage of the cast backstage on their final day.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s shady feedback at the opening night party.
- Please note that we don’t own any of the content above and we’re not responsible for the content of third-party links – enjoy!