Carrie the Musical is back. It’s been revived in New York, it has an official cast recording with millions of streams, and it’s about to hit the mainstream. How did this famous flop end up being the focus of a big-time teen drama series? Riverdale showrunner and Chief Creative Officer of Archie Comics Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa joins us to explain all.
Plus, we find out how a new generation of creatives are bringing Carrie to life in innovative new productions around the world. We speak to Louis Hobson, Alice Ripley (yes, THE Alice Ripley) and Keaton Whittaker from the Seattle production, Brady Schwind, Kayla Parker and Emily Lopez from the California immersive ‘killer musical experience’ and Gary Lloyd, Evelyn Hoskins, Jodie Jacobs and Kim Criswell from the Southwark Playhouse, London staging, where some of our original cast members see the show again for the first time…
Join us on our social channels for exclusive backstage photos from this week’s guests!
Out for Blood is a proud member of the Broadway Podcast Network.
Thanks this week to Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Louis Hobson, Alice Ripley, Keaton Whittaker, Brady Schwind, Kayla Parker, Emily Lopez, Gary Lloyd, Evelyn Hoskins, Jodie Jacobs, Kim Criswell, Linzi Hateley, Suzanne Thomas, Shelley Hodgson and Jeffrey McCann.
THIS WEEK’S LINKS:
- Keaton Whittaker (Carrie, Seattle) sings the title song ‘Carrie’ and Alice Ripley (Margaret, Seattle) sings ‘When There’s No One’.
- Highlights from ‘Carrie: The Killer Musical Experience’ in Los Anegles, and a hella creepy trailer.
- Kayla Parker’s epic final audition video for the LA production.
- The trailer for the Southwark Playhouse, London production.
- The ad for ‘A Night to Remember’, Riverdale’s Carrie episode, and their cast recording on Spotify.
- Please note that we don’t own any of the content above and we’re not responsible for the content of third-party links – enjoy!