Susan Blackwell is an actress, writer, and singer, best known for playing characters based on herself in the original musicals [title of show] and Now. Here. This. She has appeared in other plays, musicals, films, and television shows, and even created and hosts her own talk show Side by Side by Susan Blackwell on Broadway.com.
In this episode, we talk about . . .
- Finding the time to pursue your dream, while working your day job . . . like literally while your boss is standing over your desk as you work on lyrics!
- What “dollar-cost-averaging” has to do with a career in the theater.
- Life of a freelance artist and how she structures her day for success.
- Why being a multi-hyphenate and focusing on many things is important to her, and should be to you too.
- How did Title of Show happen – and what’s it like now watching people play her!
Tune in and enjoy this inspiring artrepreneurial episode and when you’re done, turn that dial over to Susan’s new podcast (created with her wonder twin, Laura Camien), The Spark File, which is now live!
This week’s #SongwriterOfTheWeek is Jacinth Greywoode (@j.greywoode on soundcloud)! Check out “Myrtle’s Lament” at the end of this episode (music by Jacinth and lyrics by Rebecca Hart). If you enjoyed the outro music in this episode, go on over to www.jacinthgreywoode.com/ for more tunes.
No matter where you are in life . . . whether you are just starting out and need a kick start, or you have already achieved a certain level of success and want more, or you’ve been slacking lately (we’ve all been there) and need to get back on track . . . you’ve decided to take your life, your dreams, and your destiny into your own hands . . . literally . . . with this journal. Start your 90-day journey today, visit: https://www.actionjournalforartists.com/
Keep up with me: @KenDavenportBway
This podcast was edited by Stanley Wiercinski.