This 5-part mini series brings you exclusive, behind-the-scenes content from the 2019 awards season, ranging from the Tony Nominations themselves to red carpets to press rooms and conversations with this year’s biggest winners.
Part 3 – The Drama Desk Awards: The Press Room
The 64th Drama Desk Awards took place on June 2nd 2019, at the Town Hall Theatre on 43rd Street. The press room, where the winners are escorted after accepting their awards and giving their acceptance speech, was a few doors down on 43rd St at a local restaurant. The Drama Desk Awards are special in that they nominate from shows across Broadway, off-Broadway, and off-off-Broadway all in the same categories. Please be sure to visit https://www.dramadeskawards.com/ for more info about these awards.
- [1:56]– Rachel Chavkin: Hadestown (Outstanding Director of a Musical)
- [4:36]– Celia Keenan-Bolger: To Kill a Mockingbird (Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play)
- [7:00]– Nick Powell: The Ferryman (Outstanding Sound Design in a Play)
- [9:59]– Charles G. Lapointe: The Cher Show (Outstanding Wig and Hair Design)
- [11:12]– Bradley King: Hadestown (Outstanding Lighting Design for a Musical)
- [12:21]– David Korins: Beetlejuice (Outstanding Set Design for a Musical)
- [14:20]– Bob Mackie: The Cher Show (Outstanding Costume Design for a Musical)
- [17:54]– Dori Berinstein, Bill Damaschke, and Jack Lane: The Prom (Outstanding Musical)
- [20:37]– Extra closing standards
Connect with The Theatre Podcast: