Cereal: Part of a Broadway-Lover’s Complete Breakfast – Part 4: The Tony Awards, The Red Carpet
In This Episode
This 5-part mini series brings you exclusive, behind-the-scenes content from the 2019 awards season, ranging from the Tony Nominations themselves to red carpets to press rooms and conversations with this year’s biggest winners.
Part 4 – The Tony Awards: The Red Carpet
The 73rd Annual Tony Awards Awards took place on June 9th 2019, at the Radio City Musical Hall, hosted by James Corden. The Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Broadway, more commonly known as the Tony Award, recognizes excellence in live Broadway theatre. The awards are presented by the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League . The awards are given for Broadway productions and performances, and an award is given for regional theatre.
- [1:16]– The red carpet banter begins
- [4:12]– Guests start to arrive
- [4:51]– Malcom and Margaret Corden, James Corden’s parents
- [7:51]– Mark Kaufman, Tootsie
- [8:38]– Chris Clarke and Ashlee Clarke, Tootsie
- [9:57]– Robert Horn, Tootsie
- [10:53]– Dominique Morisseau, Ain’t Too Proud
- [11:26]– James Harkness, Ain’t Too Proud
- [12:25]– Bradley King, Hadestown
- [13:33]– Anais Mitchell, Hadestown
- [15:53]– Clint Ramos, Torch Song (and closing standard)
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochman
- Email us at email@example.com. We want to know what you think.