Cereal: Part of a Broadway-Lover’s Complete Breakfast – Part 5: The Tony Awards, The Press Room
In This Episode
This 5-part mini series brings you exclusive, behind-the-scenes content from the 2019 awards season, ranging from the Tony Nominations themselves to red carpets to press rooms and conversations with this year’s biggest winners.
Part 5 – The Tony Awards: The Press Room
The 73rd Annual Tony Awards Awards took place on June 9th 2019, at the Radio City Musical Hall, hosted by James Corden. The Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Broadway, more commonly known as the Tony Award, recognizes excellence in live Broadway theatre. The awards are presented by the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League . The awards are given for Broadway productions and performances, and an award is given for regional theatre.
- [6:51]– Rob Howell, The Ferryman
- [7:39]– Bradley King, Hadestown
- [9:20]– Bertie Carvel, Ink
- [10:35]– Rachel Hauck, Hadestown
- [11:58]– Bob Mackie, The Cher Show
- [12:31]– Fitz Patton, Choir Boy
- [13:49]– Robert Horn, Tootsie
- [14:21]– Rachel Chavkin, Hadestown
- [17:52]– Sergio Trujillo, Ain’t Too Proud
- [19:02]– Ali Stroker, Oklahoma!
- [21:14]– Ryan Murphy & David Stone, The Boys in the Band
- [22:34]– Rosemary Harris, lifetime achievement award
- [24:34]– Anais Mitchell, Hadestown
- [25:07]– André De Shields, Hadestown
- [26:20]– Bryan Cranston, Network
- [28:20]– Stephanie J. Block, The Cher Show
- [30:25]– Hadestown wins Best Musical
- [33:02]– The Ferryman wins Best Play
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochman
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to know what you think.