This week we speak with Michael Lee Brown. Michael made his Broadway debut in Dear Evan Hansen as an understudy for the three male teens; Evan, Connor, and Jared. He is now the Evan Hansen alternate, in which he takes the stage weekly to play the role, all while still understudying the roles of Connor and Jared.
Outside of the theater, Michael is a singer/songwriter. He has a new EP out called Way It Used To Be. During our conversation, we dive into his humble beginnings, the difference between an understudy and an alternate, and what he loves so much about theatre, Broadway, and Dear Evan Hansen.
Interview content begins at [2:38].
Connect with MLB:
- Twitter: @HeyMichaelLeeB
- IG: @HeyMichaelLeeBrown
- “Way It Used to Be” – EP on Spotify
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochman
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to know what you think.
Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via jukeboxtheghost.com.