We’ve successfully completed yet another year around the sun (sorry flat Earthers, the truth hurts), this time with only about 4 months of Broadway theatre to talk about, and we’re already seeing more shows permanently closed than expected due to Omicron breakthrough cases. Sheesh.
Ayanna Prescod, a Broadway producer, critic, writer, and creator, and host of What’s Up Broadway joins us for this final episode of the year as we discuss our favorite moments, shows, and what we’re looking forward for in 2022.
A big shout out to all the shows of 2021 that closed too early:
- Is This A Room
- Dana H
- Chicken & Biscuits
- The Rockettes Radio City Christmas Spectacular
- Diana, the Musical
- Thoughts of a Colored Man
- Jagged Little Pill
- Ain’t Too Proud
Connect with Ayanna:
- Twitter: @AyannaPrescod
- Web: OurBKSocial.com
- Listen to What’s Up Broadway: bpn.fm/wub
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want to know what you think.
Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via jukeboxtheghost.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices