Tony nominee Jarrod Spector made his Broadway debut as Gavroche in the original production of Les Misérables, and went on to play a record-breaking 1500 performances as Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys on Broadway. He’s been seen on the national tours of Les Misérables and Jersey Boys and in the off-Broadway productions of Hamlet. Jarrod was nominated for both a Tony and Outer Critics Circle Awards for his performance as Barry Mann in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. He can now be seen in The Cher Show as Sonny Bono. In this episode, Jarrod discusses beginnings as a Broadway baby. When he found traditional college was not his path, he chose a new one which lead him to New York. He speaks of the importances of being honest with and taking care of oneself.
Interview content begins at [2:40].
Closing standards begin at [54:20].
Connect with Jarrod online:
- Click here to gGet tickets to his April 15th solo show at Sony Hall
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochman
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to know what you think.
Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via jukeboxtheghost.com.