This 2-time Tony winning producer has a 26 year career directly involved with Broadway. As one of the most entrepreneurial people in the creative space, he continues to reinvent himself and how he is involved in Broadway. In 2004, he founded Davenport Theatrical Enterprises (DTE) which allows him to create, produce, and manage. His first ventures as a producer were the three Off-Broadway shows: The Awesome 80s Prom, Altar Boyz, and My First Time, which he also wrote! Davenport’s first Broadway credit as a producer was 13, and since then he has produced over a dozen other Broadway shows, including the first Broadway revival of Godspell, the Tony Award-winning Best Musical Kinky Boots, and Deaf West Theatre’s Spring Awakening.
Connect with Ken online:
- Twitter: @kendavenport
- Instagram: kendavenportbway
- Rave Theater Festival: http://ravetheaterfestival.com/
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- TikTok: @thetheatrepodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochman
- Email me at email@example.com. I want to know what you think.
Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via jukeboxtheghost.com.
A very special thanks to our patrons who help make this podcast possible!
If you would like to see your name in this show notes or get a shout out on the pod itself, visit ttp.fm/patreon to become a member and show your support!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices