This 2-time Tony winning producer has a 26 year career directly involved with Broadway. As one of the most entrepreneurial people in the creative space, he continues to reinvent himself and how he is involved in Broadway. In 2004, he founded Davenport Theatrical Enterprises (DTE) which allows him to create, produce, and manage. His first ventures as a producer were the three Off-Broadway shows: The Awesome 80s Prom, Altar Boyz, and My First Time, which he also wrote! Davenport’s first Broadway credit as a producer was 13, and since then he has produced over a dozen other Broadway shows, including the first Broadway revival of Godspell, the Tony Award-winning Best Musical Kinky Boots, and Deaf West Theatre’s Spring Awakening.
Interview content begins at [3:19].
Closing standards begin at [53:22].
Connect with Ken online:
- Twitter: @kendavenport
- Instagram: kendavenportbway
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochmanEmail us at email@example.com. We want to know what you think.Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via jukeboxtheghost.com.
A very special thanks to our patrons who help make this podcast possible!
Paul Seales, David Seales
If you would like to see your name in this show notes or get a shout out on the pod itself, visit ttp.fm/patreon to become a member and show your support!