This Detroit native had no idea that one day he would get to play one of the most influential people of his lifetime not once, but twice! Currently starring as Melvin Franklin, one of the original Temptations, his incredibly sexy and powerful bass voice tingles everyone’s eardrums 8 times a week in Broadway’s Ain’t Too Proud.
Originally thinking he would be a dolphin trainer, he quickly changed his mind after being given the chance to swim with sharks in open water. His professional career began as a tenacious radio personality on Detroit’s HOT 107.5, before following a friend’s advice, taking his first headshot as a selfie in front of his bathtub’s curtain, and then landing his Broadway debut in Motown the Musical.
Interview content begins at [2:42].
Closing standards begin at [1:03:00].
Connect with Jawan online:
- Twitter: jawanjackson4
- IG: jawanjackson
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Jillian’s personal Instagram: @jillianhochman
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to know what you think.Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via
A very special thanks to our patrons who help make this podcast possible!
Paul Seales, David Seales
If you would like to see your name in this show notes or get a shout out on the pod itself, visit ttp.fm/patreon to become a member and show your support!