From a horse ranch in Texas to the Great White Way, this Broadway production stage manager has never stopped. Cody Renard Richard takes us behind the scenes of what it’s like to be a stage manager for some of the biggest shows on Broadway and TV live shows such as Dear Evan Hansen, The Lion King, Hamilton, Motown the Musical, the 2019 Tony Awards, #HairsprayLive, #TheWizLive and #JesusChristSuperstarLive just to name a few. He is currently the stage manager of Freestyle Love Supreme. We get an insight to what it actually takes to make a career in stage managing and all of the aspects that come along with it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Cody made being a Stage Manager a career
- Getting his start with Cirque du Soleil
- Breaking down what exactly a stage manager does
- Being true to who you are, no matter where you are
- The complication of being stage manager for TV live shows
Interview content begins at [2:02].
Closing standards begin at [40:53].
Connect with Cody:
Connect with The Theatre Podcast:
- Support us on Patreon: Patreon.com/TheTheatrePodcast
- Twitter & Instagram: @theatre_podcast
- Alan’s personal Instagram: @alanseales
- Email me at email@example.com. I want to know what you think.
Thank you to our friends Jukebox The Ghost for our intro and outro music. You can find them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @jukeboxtheghost or via the web via jukeboxtheghost.com.
A very special thanks to our patrons who help make this podcast possible!
Cheryl Hodges-Selden, Paul Seales, David Seales
If you would like to see your name in this show notes or get a shout out on the pod itself, visit ttp.fm/patreon to become a member and show your support!