In this latest episode of the Theatre Thoughts Podcast, host Justin Clarke sits down with the dynamic duo, Mel O’Brien and Samantha Andrew. Mel is a classically-trained creative with extensive experience in musical theatre, cabaret, and opera, while Samantha is a musical comedian, actor, and writer best known for her comedy skit videos on TikTok. Together, they’ve been coined by the Herald Sun as “the future of Australian comedy.”
During the episode, they dive into their collaboration on shows such as High Pony, Shit-Wrecked, and No Hat, No Play the Cabaret, as well as their popular Spotify podcast. They also discuss theatre activism, LGBTQIA+ representation, and the climate of theatre in Australia.
Listeners can expect to hear about their experiences in drama school, their favorite productions, and what keeps them inspired and motivated as theatre artists. And of course, they’ll share hilarious stories and delve into their thoughts with our One Minute Theatre Thoughts.
Don’t miss out on this exciting episode of the Theatre Thoughts Podcast! Follow us on Instagram @ttpod_official for more updates and exclusive content. Patreon subscribers can listen to the full episode by signing up to our growing community. And for a sneak peek, check out our preview on our YouTube channel. All links can be found in our Linktree.
You can listen to the Mel & Sam Podcast here.
The Theatre Thoughts Podcast is proud to be hosting Meraki Arts Bar Main Stage’s first post-show Q&A!
Join us for a special event after the performance of Expiration Date on Tuesday 2nd May! See the awesome production and stick around afterwards for an exclusive Q&A recording with the cast and creative team. Get an inside look at the production and ask any burning questions you have about the show. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to go behind the scenes of Expiration Date!
Please note, this is a live recording that will be released as part of the Theatre Thoughts Podcast season, available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. As such, audiences should be aware that this will be recorded on the evening. Those who wish to ask questions can do so on the night and may feature on the final release of the episode. For more information to the link here.
About Mel O’Brien:
- Classically-trained creative based in Melbourne. Graduate of both NIDA and The Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Most recently, starred in the critically acclaimed ‘FANGIRLS‘ at the Sydney Opera House
- Extensive experience across musical theatre, cabaret, opera, stage and screen
About Samantha Andrew:
- A musical comedian, actor, writer, and content creator from Melbourne, best known for her comedy skit videos on TikTok, gaining over 300k followers and 12 million likes
- Graduate of the Victorian College of the Arts, she is a composer, lyricist and performer creating works such as Baby Bi Bi Bi, and collaborating with her creative partner to create shows such as High Pony, Shit-Wrecked and No Hat, No Play, The Cabaret.