Hosts chat with Miss Hazel Jade, director, dramaturg, playwright, librettist, literary consultant, and investor for Broadway and the West End! Miss Hazel shares her current focus to decenter Broadway, return to grassroots nonprofit regional theatre, and inspire the next generation of theatre-makers. She highlights the legal issues with investing in American theatre, her love of creating theatre for the West End and UK, and why we need to dissolve the Broadway League. She also shares how one of her many upcoming projects, The Regulars: A Folk Musical, will give us the queer and trans creative team, cast, and bar of our dreams.
Holly and Meghan discuss the 2021 Tony Awards and some action steps to help end solitary confinement and reduce the incarcerated population in New York City and State.
Action of the Ep:
- New York Campaign for Alternatives to Isolated Confinement (CAIC)
- #HALTsolitary Campaign – Humane Alternative to Long-Term Solitary Confinement Act
- Phone to Action Tool to Email, Tweet, & Call City Council Speaker Corey Johnson to urge him and the city council to truly end solitary confinement in New York City
- VOCAL-NY – working to end mass incarceration by ending discriminatory and abusive policing practices, reducing the number of people incarcerated, and removing barriers to jobs, housing & voting for people with conviction histories
Queer Culture Recs:
- Edited by Holly Sansom
Thesis on Joan:
- Follow Thesis on Joan on Instagram & Twitter
- Leave us a voicemail at (845) 445-9251
- Email us at thesisonjoan at gmail dot com
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices