Hosts Meghan and Holly kick off season three of Thesis on Joan and share how they’re queering up the format this year! They discuss shows they saw during the hiatus, including Wolf Play by Hansol Jung at Soho Rep, Company on Broadway, and a deep dive on Suffs by Shaina Taub at The Public. Also, get a sneak peek of all the shows they have booked and want to see so you can join in on the conversation.
A full transcription of this episode is available through this link.
Shows We Saw
- Ring of Keys: Queering the Canon Concert Series at Joe’s Pub
- Wolf Play at Soho Rep.
- Company at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
- Suffs at The Public
Shows We Want to See
- Seven Sins by Company XIV
- KPOP at Circle in the Square Theatre
- Justin Vivian Bond: Oh Mary, It’s Spring! At Joe’s Pub
- Taylor Mac and Matt Ray: Songs from the Bark of Millions at Joe’s Pub
Shows We Are Going To See
- for colored girls who have considered suicide/ when the rainbow is enuf at the Booth Theatre
- Strange Loop at the Lyceum Theatre
- How I Learned to Drive at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre
- Funny Girl at the August Wilson Theatre
Action of the Ep & Queer Gives:
- ACLU Pledge: Support Trans Youth Now
- Donate to Thrive Youth Center in San Antonio Texas
Queer Culture Recs:
- Astrid and Lily Save the World – free on NBC!
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- Razorblade Tears by S. A. Cosby
- Edited by Holly Sansom
Thesis on Joan:
- Follow Thesis on Joan on Instagram & Twitter
- Leave us a voicemail at (845) 445-9251
- Email us at thesisonjoan at gmail dot com
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices