Learn how the government was able to use the Espionage Act of 1917 to prosecute Reality. How the U.S. government was able to use Facebook messages, private diary entries and phone conversations against Reality Winner in her bail hearing, ultimately denying her bond.
Featured in this episode are: Billie Winner-Davis and interview footage from Reality’s stepfather Gary Davis (Reality’s stepfather) and Reality’s defense lawyer Titus Nichols.
Reality Winner, was a 25 year old NSA contractor when she was arrested for leaking classified documents detailing Russian interference in the 2016 election. The critically acclaimed Broadway play IS THIS A ROOM, play reenacts the verbatim transcript of the FBI interrogation at Reality’s home on June 3, 2017.
IN THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
- How the Obama administration began using the Espionage Act of 1917 to crackdown on whistleblowers like Reality.
- How Reality was denied bail even though she had no prior record.
- How Reality was denied her Miranda Rights when she was arrested.
- How the U.S. government was able to use Facebook messages, private diary entries and phone conversations against Reality Winner
TO LEARN MORE
- 100 YEARS LATER THE ESPIONAGE ACT
- Reality Winner’s attorney makes statement on NSA leak VOSOT
- FULL INTERVIEW WITH TITUS NICHOLS
- YOUNG LEAKER ARRESTED
- Reality Winner’s mom reacts to denied bail
Visit bpn.fm/ThisIsReality for more info, to sign Reality’s petition for clemency, and to get tickets to any productions of Is This A Room.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices