How do you take a $10,000 fantasy and make it feel like reality? Well, we have no idea but Alison Burns and Lulu Picart, hosts of 10KDollarDay do! This hilarious and creative podcast came to life because Alison and Lulu embraced chance over and over again.
In this episode, Heather and Alan chat with Alison and Lulu about the crazy, winding road of chance and manifestation they kept putting them together and eventually led to their two wildly successful podcasts.
From high school theater to Disney World, to Broadway, and now taking over the podcast scene, their stories are both hilarious and inspiring. Both performers, teachers, and coaches in their own right, they are two people who have embodied the mantra of this podcast by embracing chance opportunities.
This is the first time our little theme song, STFU Alan has been performed as a duet and it’s too damn good to miss! Thanks to Alison and Lulu for taking up the challenge so willingly – They crushed it!
Listen to 10KDollarDay and The Daily Happy and where you enjoy podcasts. And if you’re an aspiring podcaster check out their podcaster retreats! Details are available on their website. You can also follow along on their super fun journey by connecting with them on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @vickeryandco on Instagram, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- Podcasting allows you to be whoever you want to be.
- When it comes to creating, let your imagination run wild. There’s nothing stopping you.
- Sometimes not being overly prepared allows you to relax and just say “what the fuck.” It might turn out just right.
- Try things imperfectly. You can’t figure anything out unless you try.
- You can go from not knowing how to do something to being extremely well respected in the industry. But you have to be willing to do the damn thing.
- Don’t erase your early moments because it’s powerful to see how you’ve learned and grown. It might even be inspiring for others.
- You can’t do day two if you don’t have day one.
- Ask your audience what resonates with them. There’s so much you can learn from them.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices