Unexpected tragedy may have led Jenny to her amazing successful theatrical producing career. After losing her brother in her late 20s, she founded Ars Nova to honor him and continue his legacy in the arts.
Jenny is a Tony Award winner who started in “the biz” as an entry level intern and is now a producing powerhouse. She’s worked alongside some of the greatest in our industry including Tina Fey, Joel Gray, Sir Patrick Stewart, Josh Groban, and Lin-Manuel Miranda, just to name drop a few. She co-founded Ars Nova, co-founded a Japanese animation studio called Ultra Super Pictures. She is also one of the masterminds behind bringing Freestyle Love Supreme to Broadway.
Make sure to follow Jenny on Instagram.
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @vickeryandco on Instagram, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- In life, we grow from our failures, not our successes.
- Art is essential. You’ll likely find beauty on the other side of tragedy.
- Work for personal satisfaction, not awards.
- Theater, art in general, is a cathartic experience for both the artist and the audience.
- We all have different strengths and weaknesses. Embrace them go all in!
- The unknown is scary, it’s also where the gold is.
- Don’t assign judgment (good or bad) to words, thoughts or feelings. Be open-minded.
- There is endless possibility when we take risks.
- You can have it all, but you can’t have it all at the same time.
- We feel the most joy and happiness when we’re pursuing the things we’re most passionate about.
- Each of us has inherent gifts that we were born with, that come naturally and easy to us. Because they come so easy to us we often don’t recognize them as superpowers.
- It takes reflection to be aware of our superpowers, prioritize it.