José Rolón calls himself a “nuptial maestro” which, as a recovering wedding planner, our host Heather thinks is hilarious!! For almost a decade, José has made a name for himself with his chill vibe and generous command in wedding planning and design. Making him one of the top wedding planners in NYC.
Now, where this story takes an unexpected and delightful turn is that during pandemic quarantine, José and his family chose to take TikTok by storm! And as a result, he’s been featured on the TODAY Show, NowThis News, Ellen’s Game of Games, Tamron Hall Show, Univision Se Habla USA, and The Drew Barrymore Show. If that wasn’t enough, José was named co-host of Season 2’s web series Parenting Wins and named Tiktok’s 2021 Latinx Trailblazers.
After the tragic loss of his husband, this single father of 3 has leaned into chance and opportunity in a very big way. This episode is both heartwarming and hilarious.
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @vickeryandco on Instagram, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- This is the time to bring forward stories and positivity
- Sometimes you’re just in the right place at the right time. Be sure you know when you’re there
- Sometimes, among the deepest, darkest times, you’ll find a direction and a light.
- Trust your instincts. Listen to your gut.
- Don’t let fear of failure keep you from reaching for your dreams.
- Lean all the way into your community. Allow them to support you and help you get to the next step on your journey.
- Sometimes you’re going to completely mess up. That’s ok. You can move past it. Your mistakes don’t define you.
- Prioritize self-care if you want to be a great parent (or anything else!).
- Never shy away from standing up for what you believe in.
- Ride your exciting wave and just see what happens!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices