This week we welcome the brilliant Morgan James to the show. Morgan is a singer/songwriter with a set of pipes that can blow the roof off of any house she’s performing in. She made her Broadway debut in The Addams Family, nabbed a few other Broadway credits including Godspell and Motown the Musical, and signed with Epic Records before deciding to take her creative destiny into her own creative hands. Morgan takes a completely unique approach to producing her own albums with the direct support of her fans.
She frequently collaborates with Postmodern Jukebox, has her own comedy podcast called Gettin’ Peggy Wit It where she roasts her Broadway friends, and has just released a new EP called “Jesus Christ Superstar: Highlights From the All-Female Studio Cast Recording,” which completes the She Is Risen series of EPs. And when we say all women, we mean down to the interns, production staff, and everyone else! Morgan shared that working with an all-female crew was a first for everyone and it was the reason many women signed onto the project.
Morgan has a truly unique approach to creating that always includes her fans. Be sure to follow her on all the socials: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and of course get all the details on her website.
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @vickeryandco on Instagram, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- Everything has shaped me. Everything has led to where I am.
- I look back and thank all of the things that didn’t work out.
- You don’t always have to “know how.” Just start, you’ll figure it out.
- You never know who’s listening and watching you. Be prepared. And always do your best.
- Sometimes you can get “in” via a different opening. The door isn’t always open. Don’t let that stop you.
- Go out on the limb. Have faith. Put yourself out there.
- Sometimes passing dreams can become real things. Listen to your subconscious.
- Cut through the bullshit and create your own path.
- Use others as inspiration but don’t try to follow their path – you can’t have their path. It’s already taken.
- When your biggest fear comes true, you realize you can and will achieve anyway. Just don’t quit.
- Allow life to humble you.
- Get to know the process of your passions.
- Keep creating. Always creating. Don’t worry about it being “good.” Just show up!
- Perfection gets in the way. Don’t chase it.
- Be real. Show real. That’s what folks desire most from any creator.
- If you’re lucky, your dreams evolve. You’re never finished!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices