You probably know Justin from the very first season of American Idol in 2002 – or you may know him from his appearances on the Broadway stage, including Wicked, American Idiot, Romeo & Juliet, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, and In Transit. He’s Lil Sweet in the Diet Dr. Pepper commercials, the host of the Audition Secrets Podcast, was just seen down in Washington DC in the out-of-town production of Once Upon a One More Time, a show inspired by the music of Britney Spears. He is a public speaker, coach, author, and CEO and it was our pleasure to have this impassioned and joy-filled conversation with the one and only, Justin Guarini.
We cover a lot of topics in this interview from tag team coaching Alan, a Justin Guarini special rendition of STFU Alan, parenting tweens and teenagers to some behind-the-scenes stories from Justin’s days on American Idol.
The truth is, Justin Guarini is a hell of a guy with a very big heart. Tune in to laugh with us, feel big feelings with us, and get seriously inspired!
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @vickeryandco on Instagram, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- Justin is dedicated to giving back and helping others.
- Even when you’re experienced in the entertainment industry you can be mistreated.
- He tries to set himself up for failure before it actually happens so he’s not disappointed.
- Embrace your fears and the devil on your shoulder and just try things!
- Justin had a lot of stage experience prior to being on American Idol.
- Anyone can sing and dance but it’s important to learn the business of show
- The moment Justin knew he wanted to be on the stage was in 1986 while being in the audience at the Jackson Five Victory Tour.
- “I was willing to surrender, in that moment, to intentionally risk the dream I had been chasing for so many years in order to have faith and trust in my internal calling.”
- Trust that all timing is the right timing.
- The hardest thing to do is surrender, it’s also the most important!
- It’s the DOING of the things that’s the prize – not the having of the thing.
- Have a vision for where you want to go but be willing to improve!
- Stop trying to make money, start creating more value.
- Uncover the value you have already offered the world.
- There’s incredible power in questions. ASK MORE OF THEM!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices