Critically acclaimed, award-winning writer/director/producer Steve Silverman’s work has been called ‘Sly’ by the Los Angeles Times, which is his all-time favorite single-word review. Theatre includes All About Steve, not a one-man show but a twist on the classic film All About Eve, his horror comedy 666 Westbourne Drive, and his musical mashups Jesus Christ Super Star Wars & The King and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Speaking of the force, he’s the force behind the one-woman show festivals 15 Minutes of FEM and the standup comedy show Slideshow. To eat and get health insurance, Steve is an award-winning writer/producer/director in the world of on-air promotions where he’s worked for FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, Bravo, several ad agencies, and most recently, Hulu. He’s directed Whoopi Goldberg, Reba McEntire, Mindy Kaling, Zooey Deschanel, the original Fab Five from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and more … Steve’s just finished the first draft of a new novel, a ‘cozy’ murder mystery, and you can hear him weekly on his podcast, World Gone Good where he talks to everyday people making good here on planet Earth including our very own Heather Vickery.
Since our episode was recorded, Steve has left Twitter but you can still catch him on Instagram or check out his website Worldgonegoodpodcast.com. For info on his upcoming play. Happy Birthday, McKenna visit HBMPLAY.COM here.
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @vickeryandco on Instagram, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- Steve is a regular guy who knows a lot of cool people and hosts a feel good podcast.
- His first BIG intentional risk was turning down a paying job, right out of college, to become an unpaid intern for soap opera, General Hospital.
- Steve is the “king” of quitting! Really it’s just getting new information and making a different decision.
- Adults can be bullies. But you don’t have to accept that bullshit.
- Trust your instincts – the universe has your back.
- When people tell you who they are, believe them.
- Steve’s podcast, “A World Gone Good” came about because the world was falling apart and he really wanted to put some joy back into the world.
- Be willing to take action in the moment. Be open and willing – there’s so much to be excited about.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices