Yes, first and foremost Broadway is back!
- The play Chicken and Biscuits, starring Michael Urie, Norm Lewis, and Cleo King, is making history by having the youngest Black director in Broadway history and 18 artists of color will be making their Broadway debuts with that show.
- 2019 TONY Award are set for September 26.
- The Notebook Musical and K-Pop will have pre-Broadway runs.
Currently scheduled openings:
- Pass Over – August Wilson Theatre on Wednesday, Aug 4th
- Lackawanna Blues – Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on Sept 14th.
- Chicken and Biscuits – Circle in the Square on September 23rd.
- Thoughts of a Colored Man – John Golden Theatre on Oct 1st
- Is This A Room and Dana H. to play in repertory at the Lyceum Theatre (Is This A Room to begin previews on September 24th, and Dana H. to begin previews October 1s)
- Trouble in Mind – American Airlines Theatre on Oct 29
- Clyde’s – Helen Hayes Theatre on Nov 3
- Skeleton Crew to follow Lackawanna Blues at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on December 21st
- Adrienne Warren is coming back to Tina: The Tina Turner Musical for a limited engagement
- Moulin Rouge has announced their new Satine. Replacing Karen Olivo is Natalie Mendoza
- Waitress also announced casting: Drew Gehling, Eric Anderson, Charity Angel Dawson, Christopher Fitzgerald, Caitlin Houlahan, Dakin Matthews and Joe Tippett will join Sara Bareilles when the show opens for a return engagement at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on September 2nd
- PBS will present Wicked in Concert: A Musical Celebration of the Iconic Broadway Score on Sunday, August 29 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The evening will be co-hosted by Wicked’s original Broadway stars Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. Performances by Ariana DeBose, Cynthia Erivo, Rita Moreno, Isaac Powell, Amber Riley, Jennifer Nettle, Alex Newell, Ali Stroker, and more.
More info via bpn.fm/whatsupbroadway.