October is the month for show openings, it seems!
- The Broadway revival of David Mamet’s American Buffalo, starring Emmy and Tony winner Laurence Fishburne, Oscar and Golden Globe winner Sam Rockwell, and Emmy and Golden Globe winner Darren Criss, will begin previews at Broadway’s Circle in the Square Theatre the week of March 22, 2022. The limited 16-week engagement was in rehearsal when Broadway was shuttered due to COVID-19.
- Pass Over also closed on Broadway on Sunday, October 10.
- Chicken & Biscuits held their opening night on Sunday, October 10.
- We received a first look at the new Funny Girl revival starring Beanie Feldstein.
- Tina the Tina Turner Musical reopened on Friday, October 8. Adrienne Warren is playing Tina for a few more weeks before she takes her final bow on October 31.
- Lackawanna Blues cancelled opening night and performances on October 8th through October 10th, due to Rueben Santiago Hudson’s back injury.
- Tina Satter’s Is This A Room held its opening night on Monday, October 11.. The play stars Emily Davis as former Air Force intelligence specialist Reality Winner during her FBI investigation. Reviews have not come out yet at the time of this recording so we will read the reviews on our next episode.
- The national touring production of Tony-winning revival of Oklahoma! will begin performances at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis, Minnesota on November 9 before heading out on a 25-city tour across the country. Leading the company is Sasha Hutchings as Laurey Williams, Sean Grandillo as Curly McLain, Chris Bannow as Jud Fry, Barbara Walsh as Aunt Eller, and Sis taking on the role of Ado Annie Carne.
Tickets for Is This A Room and Dana H. playing in rep at the Lyceum Theatre on Broadway are on sale NOW! Purchase HERE!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices