Andrew Garfield is dynamite! Get it? Because Tick… Tick… BOOM? Awe, never mind.
- Producers announced on Thursday that Chicken & Biscuits will play its final performance on Nov. 28. The news comes after the new play announced an extended cancellation of performances through Nov. 18 due to COVID-19 cases in the company. The production will now resume performances on Nov. 19.
- An HBO documentary following the making of tonight’s sold-out, one-night-only, reunion concert of Spring Awakening benefitting The Actors Fund, is now in production. Produced by RadicalMedia, the documentary will follow the original stars as they come together for the first time in 15 years. The documentary will debut on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max next year, bringing the story of this one-night-only musical performance to fans and audiences across the globe.
- Billy Crystal will return to Broadway this spring in a musical adaptation of “Mr. Saturday Night.” Crystal will play comedian Buddy Young Jr., the role he originated in the 1992 Columbia Pictures film. The Broadway cast will include Randy Graff, David Paymer and Chasten Harmon. The musical will play the Nederlander Theatre starting March 1, 2022, ahead of a March 31 opening night. “Mr. Saturday Night” features a score by Jason Robert Brown and lyrics by Amanda Green. Crystal wrote the book to the musical, alongside Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel, all of whom were screenwriters for the film.
- Lucy Moss who is the co-writer and director of the international hit musical Six, will direct the musical adaptation of Legally Blonde for the summer 2002 season at London’s Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre. The musical, featuring a score by Laurence O’Keefe and Nell Benjamin and a book by Heather Hach, will open the venue’s 90th anniversary season, running May 13 to July 2.
- Devin Kawaoka and Jonathan Chad Higginbotham will join the cast of Jeremy O. Harris’ “Slave Play.” Kawaoka will join the company as Dustin and Higginbotham will play Philip. Both actors will make their Broadway debuts with the production. They join returning cast members Ato Blankson-Wood, Chalia La Tour, Irene Sofia Lucio, Annie McNamara and Paul Alexander Nolan. As previously announced, Antoinette Crowe-Legacy will take over the role of Kaneisha. “Slave Play” is scheduled to begin performances at the August Wilson Theatre on Nov. 23, ahead of an opening night on Dec. 2. The limited return engagement will play through Jan. 23. The play originally ran at Broadway’s Golden Theatre from September 2019 to January 2020.
- Joshua Boone will join the previously announced Broadway cast of Dominique Morisseau’s “Skeleton Crew,” Manhattan Theatre Club announced Monday. Boone, who previously appeared in “Network” on Broadway, joins Phylicia Rashad, Chanté Adams, Brandon J. Dirden and Adesola Osakalumi to complete the full cast. The Broadway premiere is directed by Ruben Santiago-Hudson. “Skeleton Crew” will begin performances at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on Dec. 21, ahead of a Jan. 12, 2022 opening.
- Two-time Grammy nominee and Theater World Award winner Conrad Ricamora will star as Seymour in the three-time Best Musical Revival Award-winning production of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS beginning January 11, 2022. Tony nominee Jeremy Jordan (Newsies, American Son) will play his final performance on January 9, 2022 at the Westside Theatre.
Tickets for Is This A Room and Dana H. playing in rep at the Lyceum Theatre on Broadway are on sale NOW! Purchase HERE!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices