- MJ The Musical is now open on Broadway and to celebrate their opening and Black History Month, the team and Playbill have collaborated to release four collectable Playbill covers, for the first time in Playbill’s 138-year history. The Playbills will be distributed to ticket holders throughout the month of February at the Neil Simon Theatre. These collectable Playbills, each featuring a different illustration of an iconic Michael Jackson pose by world-renowned illustrator, Nate Giorgio, mark the musical’s opening and celebrate Black History Month.
- The original Broadway cast album of the Lincoln Center Theater production of Flying Over Sunset will now be released digitally February 18, 2022 and on CD April 1, 2022.
- The Broadway premiere of the Olivier Award-winning production of Martin McDonagh’s new comedy Hangmen will open at Broadway’s Golden Theatre for a limited 10-week engagement. The play will begin performances on Friday, April 8, 2022, with an opening on Thursday, April 21, 2022, Directed by Matthew Dunster, Martin McDonagh’s Hangmen features “Game of Thrones’” Alfie Allen (Mooney) in his Broadway debut opposite David Threlfall (Harry) and is returning to Broadway for the first time in 25 years.
- Two-time Tony winner, Chita Rivera is recapping her Broadway career for HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, which announced her memoir today. The book, publication release date set for early 2023 and title to be determined, will also be published simultaneously by Harper Español. Rivera will be writing with Emmy-winning TV commentator and arts journalist Patrick Pacheco.
- According to a new casting notice, auditions are currently underway for a Broadway transfer of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella. The production is currently aiming to begin its New York run in Fall 2022 at a yet-to-be-named theatre.
- Broadway’s longest running show made history on the anniversary of its opening in New York City. Last Wednesday night marked 34 years since “The Phantom of the Opera” first opened back in 1988. And for the first time, a Black actor, Emilie Kouatchou took over the female leading role of Christine.
Special Interview with the fabulous Kelli O’Hara, currently starring in The Gilded Age.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices