- Brittney Johnson made history as the first Black Glinda on Broadway on Valentine’s Day!
- Broadway theaters will still require audience members to wear masks and show proof of vaccination for entry through April 30.
- “American Utopia” has extended its Broadway run through April 3. This is the final extension of the show, which has been playing the St. James Theatre since Sept. 17, 2021. “American Utopia” was originally scheduled to run through March 6.
- Cast albums by release date: Love in Hate Nation by Joe Iconis, Witness Uganda and Space Dogs (Feb 11); Flying Over Sunset (Feb 18); Back to the Future (London – March 11); Assassins (March 18)
- West Side Story is arriving on Disney+ on March 2.
- Newsies will celebrate 10 years with a reunion of the Broadway and tour cast at 54 Below on March 28th and 29th.
- Broadway premiere of Skeleton Crew, written by Tony Award nominee Dominique Morisseau and directed by Tony Award winner Ruben Santiago-Hudson, moves into its final week of performances.
- Elizabeth Teeter will take on the role of Lydia when Beetlejuice returns to Broadway this spring. Teeter, who recently led the Off-Broadway musical The Secret Life of Bees, will star alongside Alex Brightman as Beetlejuice. Returning original cast members include Kerry Butler, Adam Dannheisser, Leslie Rodriguez Kritzer, Kelvin Moon Loh, Danny Rutigliano and Dana Steingold.
- Amber Grey will play Banquo in Macbeth this spring. She joins previously announced Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga in the upcoming revival, directed by Sam Gold. Maria Dizzia will play Lady Macduff, opposite Grantham Coleman as Macduff.
- SIX North American tour tour will feature Khaila Wilcoxon as Catherine of Aragon, Storm Lever as Anne Boleyn, Jasmine Forsberg as Jane Seymour, Olivia Donalson as Anna of Cleves, Didi Romero as Katherine Howard, and Gabriela Carrillo as Catherine Parr.
- The upcoming Broadway musical Paradise Square has announced its complete 40-member cast, which includes Tony nominees Joaquina Kalukango and John Dossett, and Chilina Kennedy. Rehearsals are underway for the production that will begin previews March 15 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre. Following its 2019 world premiere at Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Paradise Square will officially open on Broadway April 3.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices