Say my name 3 times. It must be spoken, unbroken.
Curtain Up!, a three day outdoor festival taking place in the heart of Times Square. Curtain Up! will takeover Broadway stretching between 45th and 48th Streets. 22 unique events will take place on stages in Duffy Square and between 45th & 46th Streets. BPN will kick off the festival everyday that weekend with Wake Up, Broadway!. What’s Up Broadway? host Ayanna Prescod and co-host Christian Lewis will be setting the tone before introducing your favorite theater talents to the stage.
Here is our schedule:
- Friday, September 17, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. join the Be More Chill celebration of Joe Iconis’ birthday, with the master creator himself and the fans who made the show what it is today. Hosted by How to Be More Chill’s Ilana Levine and Sam Maher with special guest appearances and answers to fan submitted questions.
- Saturday, September 18, 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., Freestyle Love Supreme cast members: Kaila Mullady, Anthony Veneziale, Tarik Davis, and James Monroe Iglehart join Jan Friedlander Svendsen, Chief Creative Officer of the Charity Network and host of Broadway Gives Back to discuss the hit Broadway show returning to the Booth Theater in October.
- Sunday, September 19, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m., Off Book: The Black Theatre Podcast!, a safe haven for Black theatre artists to talk about the real tea, will welcome esteemed guests from the Broadway community for a live podcast recording with hosts Drew Shade, Kim Exum and Ngozi Anyanwu.
- BEETLEJUICE is returning to Broadway in April 2022. The show will play at the Marquis Theatre in the spring.
- Audra McDonald and Leslie Odom Jr., will host the 74th Annual Tony Awards on September 26. Audra, the Six-time Tony winner will lead the awards portion of the evening, streaming on Paramount at 7 PM ET, while Hamilton Tony winner Leslie is set to emcee the live concert event Broadway’s Back!, airing at 9 PM on CBS, Paramount, and the CBS app.
- The theater community gathered for the Trans March on Broadway and Christian discusses the movement.
- Everyone’s Talking about Jamie musical adaptation will release on Amazon on Friday, September 17.
- Is This A Room and Dana H. running in rep at the Lyceum have announced their full cast. Becca Blackwell, Will Cobbs, and Pete Simpson join Emily Davis in Is This A Room. The play recounts the story of the FBI investigation of former Air Force intelligence specialist Reality Winner. Deirdre O’Connell will reprise her role in Dana H., playing Hnath’s mother as she recounts a terrifying kidnapping experience. Previews for Is This A Room begin September 24 and previews for Dana H. begin on October 1st.
- Nkeki Obi-Melekwe will succeed Adrienne Warren in the title role of Broadway’s Tina—The Tina Turner Musical on November 2.
- The Book of Mormon will star Kevin Clay as Elder Price, Cody Jamison Strand as Elder Cunningham, Kim Exum as Nabulungi, Olivier Award winner Stephen Ashfield as Elder McKinley and Sterling Jarvis as Mafala Hatimbi.
Be sure to download the BPN iOS app via bpn.fm/app.