And the award for leaking the creation of a show before you’re supposed to goes to… Nathan Lane!
- Recap of Curtain Up!, a three day outdoor theater festival that took place in the heart of Times Square.
- TDF’s TKTS ticket booth, located in Times Square at Broadway and 47th Street, reopened last Tuesday. TKTS sells same-day discount tickets to matinee and evening performances as well as next-day tickets to matinee performances to Broadway and Off-Broadway productions for up to 50 percent off.
- Stephen Sondheim is working on a new musical with a playwright David Ives called “Square One.” Reports have stated that Broadway legends Nathan Lane and Bernadette Peters were involved in the reading, though it is unclear if the pair will be involved in the full production.
- Hadestown, Six, Hamilton, and American Utopia have announced Broadway lotteries.
- BroadwayCon, the premiere fan convention for all things Broadway, is turning the lights back on to energize and reignite musical theatre fans worldwide. BroadwayCon 2022 will be held at The Manhattan Center & The New Yorker Hotel on Friday, February 18th through Sunday, February 20th. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday.
- Moulin Rouge West End: Liisi LaFontaine, who played Deena in the recent West End revival of Dreamgirls, will star as Satine opposite newcomer Jamie Bogyo as Christian. The principal cast will also include two Olivier nominees: Clive Carter as Harold Zidler and Jason Pennycooke as Toulouse-Lautrec.
- Dear Evan Hansen recently announced casting. Jordan Fisher, who was playing the title role in Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway when the Covid pandemic shutdown hit in March 2020, will return to the role when the musical reopens at the Music Box Theatre on December 11. Stephen Christopher Anthony will play Evan in the musical’s touring production, which is set to launch on Dec. 7 in Greensboro, North Carolina. Sam Tutty will return to fill the lead role in London which will reopen on October 26.
- As previously announced, Mrs. Doubtfire will open on Broadway this fall with Tony Award nominee Rob McClure in the title role at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre. Joining him are Jenn Gambatese as Miranda Hillard, Peter Bartlett as Mr. Jolly, Charity Angél Dawson as Wanda Sellner, Mark Evans as Stuart Dunmire, J. Harrison Ghee as Andre Mayem, Analise Scarpaci as Lydia Hillard, Jake Ryan Flynn as Christopher Hillard, Avery Sell as Natalie Hillard and Brad Oscar as Frank Hillard. Previews will resume on October 21, 2021 in advance of the official opening night on December 5, 2021.
Links about Dana H.:
Be sure to download the BPN iOS app via bpn.fm/app.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices