Broadway Flea-sized bits if information for you this time…
- Lin Manuel shared the opening track to his next musical film adaptation, Tick Tick Boom, called 30/90. The song is sung by Andrew Garfield, Joshua Henry, Vanessa Hudgens, Robin De Jesus, Alexndra Shipp and MJ Rodriguez.
- Aladdin has suspended performances until October 12 due to COVID-19 breakthrough cases detected in the cast. They released a statement that said “We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience this causes ticket holders, but we trust that audiences agree that safety must be at the forefront of our return to Broadway….” We wish the cast and crew of Aladdin health and wellness on this journey.
- Thoughts of a Colored Man, the new Broadway play by Keenan Scott II has pushed up their opening day, and now will officially open on Wednesday, October 13th. This production also teamed up with merch., the first Black-owned Broadway merchandise company, to create and sell unique merchandise for Thoughts of a Colored Man. merch. was founded in July 2021 by Brandon Gloster and Brooklyn McLain.
- Pal Joey, the Rodgers and Hart-John O’Hara classic musical, has been revised in a brand-new production that will be heading to Broadway in the 2022-2023 season. There will be a new book by Richard LaGravenese, and iconic co-directors Tony Goldwyn and Savion Glover who will also do the choreography.
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra Jonas have joined the roster of producers for the Broadway production of Chicken & Biscuits.
- The Tony-winning revival of Chicago, which reopened its doors September 14, has joined forces with the Broadway League to present a ¡Viva Broadway!night—celebrating Hispanic and Latino theatre makers and audiences—October 18 at the Ambassador Theatre. Portions of that evening’s performance of the long-running production, which is celebrating 25 years on Broadway, will be performed in Spanish. The company is currently led by a trio of Latin leads: Ana Villafañe as Roxie Hart, Bianca Marroquín as Velma Kelly, and Tony winner Paulo Szot as Billy Flynn.
- The owners & operators of all 41 Broadway theatres in New York City have extended the vaccination and mask requirements for audiences through the end of the year.
- The cast of Skeleton Crew will feature Chanté Adams, Brandon J. Dirden, Adesola Osakalumi and joining previously announced Tony Award winner and five-time Emmy Award nominee Phylicia Rashad. Skeleton Crew is written by Tony Award nominee Dominique Morisseau and directed by Tony Award winner Ruben Santiago-Hudson. Skeleton Crew will begin performances Tuesday, December 21, 2021 and open Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at MTC’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.
- A new production of Macbeth is headed to Broadway next year, starring Daniel Craig in the title role, alongside Ruth Negga, who will make her Broadway debut as Lady Macbeth.
- Girl From The North Country has announced the full cast for the production’s return to Broadway on October 13th. Colin Bates will be joining the cast in the role of Gene Laine.
- Roundabout Theatre Company has announced the full cast starring alongside LaChanze in the Broadway production of “Trouble in Mind.” Michael Zegen will star as Al Manners, Chuck Cooper will star as Sheldon Forrester and Danielle Campbell will star as Judy Sears.
- Casting has been announced for the upcoming National Tour of The Prom. Kaden Kearney will star as Emma, Kalyn West as Alyssa Greene, Courtney Balan as Dee Dee Allen, Patrick Wetzel as Barry Glickman, Emily Borromeo as Angie Dickinson, Bud Weber as Trent Oliver, Sinclair Mitchell as Mr. Hawkins, Ashanti J’Aria as Mrs. Greene, and Shavey Brown as Sheldon Saperstein.
Tickets for Is This A Room and Dana H. playing in rep at the Lyceum Theatre on Broadway are on sale NOW! Purchase HERE!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices