This summer has seen actors returning to the stage as some regional theaters have returned to normal with a summer season and live audiences. And with that of course has seen an increase in auditions. So it is with great pleasure and excitement that I welcome you to the third annual Audition Stories here on the podcast. The last time these audition episodes were on the podcast was a month before the Covid shutdown. And there have been a lot of guests with a lot of great stories since then.
Today’s episode, brought to you by We Audition (promo code: WINMI25), is actually part one of these wonderful tales from the room where it happens. Now, we’ve been doing a lot of self tapes lately, but it’s time for a need a reminder of the happy and hysterical things that can happen in person and in front of the audition table. And at the end of this episode none other than Bryan Cranston has some sage words of wisdom we can all apply to auditions and self-tapes.
Here’s the list of former guests sharing their audition experiences:
- Chaz Wolcott – triple threat performer who also directs & choreographs
- Megan Carver – actress and singer who also produces films
- Damian Thompson – classically-trained actor who does musicals…occasionally
- Meredith Aleigha Wells – dancer and singer diagnosed with POTS
- Carrie Bernans – actress and stuntwoman in Black Panther
- Alex Pires – actor and writer who created his own web series
- Kimberly Faye Greenberg – actress and singer known for her Fanny Brice show
- Christophe Zajac-Denek – little person actor, musician, stuntman, and podcaster
- Eric Jordan Young – actor and singer who directs and produces
- Bryan Cranston – amazing actor who tells us a thing or two
Get more audition episodes by joining WINMI and supporting the work of this podcast. I love sharing these stories and episodes, and I hope that you’ll choose to donate as much as you’ve benefited yourself from this podcast. Thank you!
Check out Artist Resources and follow WINMI on Instagram or Twitter.
Why I’ll Never Make It is a Top 25 Theater Podcast on Feedspot, and is also a part of Helium Radio Network and a member of the Broadway Makers Alliance.