I was in college when I first discovered Lisa Lampanelli, a stand-up comedian, insult comic, actress, and writer who is known for her sharp wit, fearless humor, and ability to push the boundaries of comedy. She has legions of fans around the country and has performed on countless stages across the country, released numerous albums and appeared on various TV specials.
So it is an honor to have Lisa on the podcast as we explore her unique style of comedy that made her a staple in the entertainment industry. It’s an intimate and no-holds barred conversation of her triumphs, struggles, and setbacks throughout her career in stand-up comedy.
- INTRO – Her connection to Lisa Howard, and the off-Broadway play she wrote
- STORY #1 – Why she retired from stand-up and what she’s been doing
- STORY #2 – Food addiction and weight loss (and why not to trust the internet!)
- STORY #3 – Her connection to the LGBT community and the Gay Men’s Health Crisis
Subscribe to WINMI
Producing this podcast is a rewarding experience, but it’s also costly and time-consuming as I’m essentially a one-man operation. By subscribing you’ll be supporting these podcasting efforts, and have access to extended conversations and other bonus content. Whether you subscribe or donate, your financial support of this podcast is greatly appreciated!
- Subscribe to get access to bonus episodes and extra content
- Make a one-time Donation to support transcripts and podcast production
- If you’d like to support WINMI but have limited funds to do so, then contact me directly for reduced-price or even free access to the bonus content.
Why I’ll Never Make It is an award-winning, Top Theater Podcast with actor and singer Patrick Oliver Jones and is a production of WINMI Media. Background music is by John Bartmann and Blue Dot Sessions is used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices