It’s time to meet Alan’s twin. Ok. Brendon Kumarasamy is not actually Alan’s twin but they are two peas in a pod for sure and it’s so much fun to hear them ignite ideas and inspiration off of one another. The energy in this episode is pure fire with a heavy dose of laughter because that’s what we do here on Was It Chance!
Brendon Kumarasamy is a master manifestor who created his business, Mastertalk at the age of 22 by showing up and showing up and showing up - he embraced really unexpected chances, took a lot of risks, and trusted his own intuition and passions. Through his work with MasterTalk Brenden coaches ambitious executives & entrepreneurs to become top 1% communicators in their industry. For Brenden, his work is there to foster his deeper passion which is to provide free access to communication tools for everyone in the world.
Check out his super popular YouTube channel - MasterTalk, and find him everywhere else on the internet as well, including Threads where you can regularly find Heather challenging and asking questions. MasterTalk Website, Linkedin, Instagram, Threads, TikTok.
- Make sure to follow this podcast everywhere you find podcasts, leave a rating and a review, and slip into our Instagram DMs at @wasitchance.
- More about Heather via @heather_vickeryandco on Instagram and Threads, @Braveheather on TikTok, and listen to The Brave Files
- More about Alan via @theatre_podcast on Instagram and listen to The Theatre Podcast with Alan Seales
- If Brenden was only allowed to be on one social media platform it would be LinkedIn because there’s not a lot of competition for posting and sharing content.
- Branden considered him an anti-creative. He studied accounting in University.
- He stumbled upon communications by chance.
- How do we make communication/speaking feel like eating a tub of ice cream?
- The first 50 people Brenden coached, at the age of 20 - he didn’t charge anything. He started as a mentor to other students.
- MasterTalk started because Brenden couldn’t find anyone creating good content on being a better speaker and communicator.
- Working with coaches has completely transformed Brenden’s life.
- Public speaking is body language, learning how to smile, summarizing, saying someone's name.
- It’s important to ask the right question. If you’re getting answers to the wrong question it doesn’t get you anywhere.
- “Communication is the accelerator of dreams.”
- “How would your life change if communication was easy?”
- “We’re all lucky. We just need to figure out in what ways we’re lucky.”
- Failure is a definition and a workout.
- The relationship successful people have with failure is very different than the relationship unsuccessful people have with it.
- How do you know which opportunities to pursue and which risks to take
- List them all out
- Follow energy, not passions - what brings you the most energy (that will lead you to your passion)
- On a scale of 1-10, how energetically excited would you be to work on this project for the next 10 years?
- Compare the items on the list.