It's all Wicked and Phantom from here...
- Micki Grant, a Broadway trailblazer who was the first woman to write and star in a musical with the 1972 Black musical revue, Don’t Bother Me I Can’t Cope has died at the age of 92.
- Broadway League launches This Is Broadway campaign a historic initiative to welcome theater lovers back to Times Square following the industry's 18-month shut down. The campaign features a short film narrated by Oprah Winfrey, and a new contest called Win all of Broadway where one lucky person will receive four tickets to every show on Broadway.
- The pro-shot trailer for COME FROM AWAY is here and film will arrive on Apple TV+ on September 10 and a first look at the new off-Broadway musical stage adaptation of Winnie The Pooh headed to Theatre Row on October 21.
- A New Deal for Broadway from the founders of Black Theatre United includes industry-wide standards and reforms around equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and belonging, with a focus on Black individuals in theatre.
- Dear Evan Hansen released the first two tracks from the forthcoming movie musical, Waving Through A Window and You Will Be Found.
- Corey Hawkins, who recently played Benny in the In The Heights film has joined The Color Purple Musical film adaptation. Oscar and Grammy winning singer, songwriter, H.E.R has also joined the cast. HER will play Squeak, but no word on who Corey will play.
- Annie LIVE has found their Annie! Celina Smith, a 12-year-old Atlanta native, who played Young Nala in a touring production of The Lion King will lead the NBC live musical on Thursday, December 8th. She’ll be joining a star-studded cast including Harry Connick Jr. as Daddy Warbucks, Taraji P. Henson as Miss Hannigan, Nicole Scherzinger as Grace and Tituss Burgess as Rooster.
- Tony Award Winner Paulo Szot returns as “Billy Flynn” to Chicago.