DJ Martin sits down to talk about his career throughout all facets of Broadway marketing and discusses the future of theatre for generations to come.
DJ is the owner and founding partner of Bond Theatrical Group which works hand in hand with marketing, social media, and tour booking for iconic Broadway productions and international tours. Currently, they represent Shucked, Bad Cinderella, Moulin Rouge!, Dancin, Life of Pi, Six, Jagged Little Pill, Lempicka, and many more in several different aspects.
This episode is specifically special to me because DJ is a graduate of Boonville High School and was part of the exact same Thespian Troupe I proudly call home now. It was so amazing to connect with him and discuss his upbringing in New York City.
In this episode, he and I discuss:
- The basis of Broadway Marketing and the roots of Bond Theatrical
- Growing up in the midwest (Southern Indiana area) as it relates to the theatrical scene
- College-level careers behind the scenes in Publicity, Marketing, and Production behind the most influential theatre
- Case studies into Andrew Lloyd Webber’s DJ party after the reopening night of Phantom of the Opera!
- The pandemic’s effect on Diana the Musical and the campaigns that changed the scope of theatrical social media management
- Future longevity and scope of accessibility, representation, and inclusion for both Broadway marketing as well as general connectivity behind-the-scenes
- And much more!!
Check out Bond Theatrical’s work!
Thank you so much for being here and for your support!!
I hope this show continues to be a resource for artists of all interests to find the place they deserve in this wonderful industry…
Join me for future interviews and content below!
Facebook: Real Talk with Mason Bray