Mike Karns sits down with Mason to chat about the trajectory of Broadway's social media and provide insight into careers on Broadway
Mike is the Founder and CEO of Marathon Digital – one of Broadway’s most successful social media firms who has created iconic campaigns for Hamilton, Sweeney Todd, Shucked, Parade, Disaster, Diana, Hadestown, Into The Woods, and so many accounts that have changed the future of theatre promotion. From the very beginning of his theatrical career, he continues to find inventive ways to connect to audiences and make productions continually more accessible.
Join the conversation as we discuss:
- His connection with producer Jeffery Sellers and advice given to him at the beginning of his career
- The power of cultivating audiences in new means, social media and otherwise
- Diana’s power of community engagement and the resulting change in the social environment
- Management of marketing and source material as it relates to accessibility in recent history
- Upcoming productions and strategies with Sweeney Todd, Shucked, and Parade
- Ayanna Prescod’s excellent endeavors to expand a digital theatre community
- And much more!!
Learn more about Marathon!
See some accounts run by Mike & the Marathon Digital team:
Into The Woods
Thank you so much for being here and for your support!!
I hope this show continues to be a resource for artists of all interests to find the place they deserve in this wonderful industry…
Join me for future interviews and content below!
Facebook: Real Talk with Mason Bray