Get ready for a rollercoaster ride through the highs and lows of the acting world with today's guest, Luke Yankee, who is no stranger to the trials and triumphs of the industry. As a versatile artist sporting multiple hats, Luke draws inspiration from the incredible legacy of his mother, the legendary Eileen Heckart—a powerhouse who clinched the Oscar, Drama Desk, Golden Globe, and Emmy Awards with a special Tony Honor as well.
In this engaging conversation, Luke unveils the behind-the-scenes tales of his journey, sharing the hard-fought lessons and uproarious moments that have shaped his career. From writing a captivating biography and a one-man show about his iconic mother to snagging his own accolades for playwriting, Luke's story is one of passion, resilience, and a deep-rooted connection to the arts.
But that's not all—Luke delves into his unexpected roles as a teacher and coach, shedding light on his unique perspective in the bonus final five questions (subscribe here). This episode is a treasure trove of anecdotes, showcasing Luke's love affair with theater and his ingenious ways of navigating the inevitable bumps in the road.
- INTRO - Hosting conversations with actors
- STORY #1 - Misadventures in regional theater
- STORY #2 - Lessoned learned from performing his one-man show
- STORY #3 - The bovine scene in the barn
- EXTRA - Anecdote from Broadway production of MAN OF LA MANCHA
Producing this podcast is a rewarding experience, but it's also costly and time-consuming as I’m essentially a one-man operation. By subscribing you’ll be supporting these podcasting efforts, and have access to extended conversations and other bonus content. Whether you subscribe or donate, your financial support of this podcast is greatly appreciated!
- Subscribe to get early access to full episodes and bonus content
- Make a one-time Donation to support transcripts and podcast production
- If you'd like to support WINMI but have limited funds to do so, then contact me directly for reduced-price or even free access to the bonus content.
Why I’ll Never Make It is an award-winning, Top Theater Podcast with actor and singer Patrick Oliver Jones and is a production of WINMI Media. Background music is by John Bartmann and Blue Dot Sessions is used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices