The Flame – A Podcast Musical
WAYS TO SUBSCRIBE
The Flame tells the story of two women: Jamie (Ellie Brigida), an LGBTQ bar owner, and Sam (Jasmin Savoy Brown), the woman selling the building the bar inhabits, and the inevitable sparks that end up flying between them! With the help of her best friend, Heather (Leigh Holmes Foster), and bar regular Jo (Jenn Colella), can the residents of The Flame keep the bar alive? Or can Sam’s friend Mel (Valerie Rose Lohman) help her work through her complicated feelings about her father’s death and the building she grew up in before she makes a rash decision?
- This is an original radio play produced by Lez Hang Out Productions.
- Part of the Broadway Podcast Network.
- The Flame was made possible by listeners like you! Join them on Patreon at patreon.com/theflamemusical
The Flame, An LGBTQ Romantic Comedy Musical.
- Story by Ellie Brigida and Leigh Holmes Foster
- Book by Caitlyn Clear
- Music and Lyrics by Leigh Holmes Foster
- with additional lyrics by Caitlyn Clear
- Directed by Caitlyn Clear and Valerie Rose Lohman
- Produced by Lez Hang Out Productions, Ellie Brigida, Caitlyn Clear, Valerie Rose Lohman, Leigh Holmes Foster, David and Ann Mortimer, Sheri Moses, Andrew Bramson, Tien Tran, Abby Nissenbaum, Dylan Adams, Liz Shen and Meghan Gunther
Starring: Jasmin Savoy Brown as Sam, Jenn Colella as Jo, Ellie Brigida as Jamie, Leigh Holmes Foster as Heather, Harrison White as the Narrator, Valerie Rose Lohman as Mel
Guest Starring: Dana Piccoli as Jessica, Liz Mongrello as Ashley, and Vico Ortiz as Bridget, JJ Niemann as Alan, Jesse Nowack as Harold, Chilina Kennedy as Rachel and Lauren Flans as Maggie, Sydney Nicholson as Lindsey, Ashton grooms as Lillian
Additional Ensemble Vocals by: Dayna Arnett, Briana Bonilla, Leesa Charlotte, Benjamin Doncom, Ashton Grooms, E. Maloney, Quince Mobley, Liz Mongrello, Sydney Nicholson, Vico Ortiz, Dana Piccoli, Saria Schuyler and Mickie Rose Wadsworth
- Orchestrated by Ellie Brigida
- Additional Orchestration by Allyn McCourt and Beth Goodman
- Sound Editing, Sound Engineering and Song Recordings Recordings Produced by Ellie Brigida
- Dialogue Editing by Leigh Holmes Foster
- Additional Song Recordings by Heidi Martin
- Musical Director Ellie Brigida
- Assistant Musical Director Marissa DeVeau
- Allyn McCourt on Violin and Viola
- Molly Goldstein on Cello
- Beth Goodman on Winds
- Briana Childers on French Horn
- Grace Messara on Drums
- Bethany Vandenbrink on Bass Guitar
- Jana Heidenreich and Ellie Brigida on Electric Guitar
- Ellie Brigida on Piano
- Rich Kelley on Trumpet
- Ben Owens on Trombone
Journey to the Heart – A New Musical Preview
Episode 8 – Finale
Episode 7 – Always That Girl
Episode 6 – You’ve Got Trouble
Episode 5 – Maybe Today
Episode 4 – The Protest
Brian Stokes Mitchell dubbed “the last leading man” by The New York Times, Tony Award-winner Brian Stokes Mitchell has enjoyed a career that spans Broadway, television, film, and concert appearances with the country’s finest conductors and orchestras.
He received Tony, Drama Desk, and Outer Critics Circle awards for his star turn in Kiss Me, Kate. He also gave Tony-nominated performances in Man of La Mancha, August Wilson’s King Hedley II, and Ragtime. Other notable Broadway shows include Kiss of the Spider Woman, Jelly’s Last Jam, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown and Shuffle Along. In 2016 he was awarded his second Tony Award, the prestigious Isabelle Stevenson Tony for his Charitable work with The Actors Fund. That same year Stokes was inducted into the Theatre Hall of Fame.
More information via https://www.brianstokes.com/.